Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, WoW


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Falls the Shadow

When Cate Benson was twelve, her sister died. 

Two hours after the funeral, they picked up Violet’s replacement, and it was like nothing had ever happened. Because Cate’s parents are among those who decided to grant their children a sort of immortality—by cloning them at birth. So this new Violet has the same smile. The same laugh. That same perfect face. Thanks to advancements in mind-uploading technology, she even has all the same memories as the girl she replaced. 

She also might have murdered the most popular girl in school. 

Or at least, that’s what the paparazzi and crazy anti-cloning protesters want everyone to think: that clones are violent, unpredictable monsters. Cate is used to hearing all that, though. She’s used to standing up for her sister too, and she’s determined to prove her innocence now—at whatever the cost. But the deeper she digs for the truth, the further Cate's carefully-constructed life begins to unravel, unveiling a world filled with copies and lies, where nothing and no one—not even her sister— is completely what they seem. 

In a pulse pounding debut, Stefanie Gaither takes readers on a nail-biting ride through a future that looks frighteningly similar to our own time and asks: how far are you willing to go to keep your family together?


Releases: September 16th 2014 by Simon and Schuster BFYR

What are you waiting on?

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. This book reminds me a lot of The Lost Girl a book which I absolutely loved! So thank you so much for putting this book on my radar Brandi! I'm definitely interested in reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick, it does sound good! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a few books with a similar premise and I really liked them so I'm looking forward to this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I like the cover :D Looks like an interesting book. <3 I hope you will love it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh-Cloning. This sounds interesting and I love checking out debut books and author, so thanks for the heads up Brandi:)

    Love the cover breaking up too - Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsJune 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM

    Seriously can't wait to read this- I do have a copy, yay (actually my first S&S US approval) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so cool and creepy! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds twisty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA. Wow. First paragraph: la la la lala. Second paragraph: Well that escalated fast.


    This sounds like an awesome pick. I'm definitely gonna take a closer look into this. Thanks for sharing!


    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  10. That book sounds intense! Definitely haven't heard of it before, but I'm thoroughly intrigued now!


    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh whoa this one wasn't on my radar at all but it's sounds like an interesting intense read! Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is new to me Brandi, but the synopsis has me very curious! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea @The Bookish BabeJune 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM

    Nice pick! I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I remember seeing this somewhere recently. It sounds great.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know about this one I confess, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You pick the most curious books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. The synopsis definitely caught my attention... Cloning *shiver* I would NOT like that. But the book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)