Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 6/20


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
 Freaks Like Us
Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught
When Jason Milwaukee’s best friend, Sunshine, disappears from the face of the earth, the whole town, including Jason, starts searching for her. But the insistent voices in Jason’s head won’t let him get to the heart of the mystery—he’s schizophrenic, and the voices make it hard to know what is real and what is not. As the chase becomes more panicked, Jason’s meds start wearing off, and he is looking more and more guilty. But of what, exactly? Both brilliantly witty and intensely honest, this poignant novel draws upon the author’s many years as an adolescent psychologist, but it’s Vaught’s powerful voice and expertly crafted mystery that will keep the pages turning.

Releases: Sept 4thWhat are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. WOW this sounds so scary and intense. I added it to my TBR list, it sounds AMAZING!! <3 Thanks so much for putting this on my radar, Brandi! :) You always pick such great books!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun

    sad i con declined on netgally

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read several books lately with a female character with a mental illness so it would be a great switch to read about a male character.

    -Bookworm1858

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, this sounds interesting not sure if I would like it so much but I hope you enjoy it!

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seen this one NG Brandi, but it didn't sound like it had romance so I didn't request it :) But if I come back and read your review and you say this was great read. I"m go to kick-myself-in-the-butt for not getting it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good mystery. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't even heard of this one before today. The book is written by a psychologist? I definitely want to see how he portrays a schizophrenic!

    Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting, I wonder is Jason is really guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really different. I think I saw it on Netgalley too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)