Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.Henry's first wife, Persephone.
Publishes in US: Mar 27th 2012
2nd in series, The Goddess Test is 1st, and the 3rd The Goddess Inheritance releases Oct 2012
Source: Netgalley

My Review:
    I tore through this one, and really enjoyed it. There are great action scenes and even though Kate seems weaker in some ways, the same girl I admired from the first series is still there. She is still as loyal and self-sacrificing as in the first, putting those she loves before herself and not even thinking of her safety.
    The relationship between Kate and Henry is agonizing in this one. I wanted to smack both of them over the head once I finally got to the bottom of their issues. This is where Kate seemed weaker when it came to her confidence towards Henry. I can totally understand where her insecurities come from, but it was still hard to read at times (with the heartbreak, not bad writing.)
    I really like James in this one, and I appreciate how he really looks out for Kate. I kinda want a piece of him for myself ;)    Ava was awesome as ever too. But Persephone was also frustrating in that wonderfully written character you wanna hate kind of way.
    I can't wait for the third one and find out how their stories conclude.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)