Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Silver Dew by Suzi Davis

Silver Dew (The Lost Magic #2)
Silver Dew by Suzi Davis
Just weeks before graduating from high school, Grace is running for her life with her magical and mysterious boyfriend, Sebastian, by her side. An ancient magic has been awakened inside of Grace that is powerful, frightening and barely within her control. The Others, who possess their own dangerous magic, are hunting them, and their only hope is for Grace to learn how to harness her incredible powers to stop them. The answers they seek are hidden within a life lived thousands of years ago, shrouded in mystery, magic and deceit. When their past catches up to them, Grace and Sebastian are faced with a truth that shakes the foundation of their relationship, their lives and everything they thought they knew. It is up to Grace to learn to control the Lost Magic, to right the wrongs that have been done, and to discover once and for all, who she really is.
Publishes in US: Dec 1 2011
Source: publisher
2nd in Lost Magic Series- see my review of Amber Frost

My Review:

Ms. Davis starts off Silver Dew with a bang. I'd forgotten a few details from Amber Frost, but I was quickly caught up in Grace's story and everything came back. Their fear of the Others is palpable, and it shows that Ms. Davis' writing has only improved. The pacing is awesome and the descriptions are beautiful, it makes me want to see what they're seeing, and I can almost feel what they are experiencing, pleasant or no. But there are some steamy scenes, so that makes up for the fear and turmoil in a flash.

I loved the memory scenes with Caoilinn, giving detail into things that have only been hinted at. It was a great experience to see Grace learn about her, connect with her in a way-dislike her in others and how the memories change things.

There were many twists that I didn't know what to make of--Mags anyone? And the implications of her presence and the things that she says happened! But it plays into the story, and I was on the emotional rollercoaster with Grace trying to sort through it all.

The ending was surprising, but I really enjoyed it. It shows the strength of Grace, how much she's willing to sacrifice, and the strength of the love between Grace and Sebastian.

If you haven't read Amber Frost, I recommend you do that as soon as possible and then pick this one up.

1 comment:

  1. I love books that start fast and add delightful twists along the way.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)