Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift (Shade, #2)
Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.
Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
Published in US: May 2011
2nd in Shade trilogy, 3rd Shine out in 2012
Source: Won from YABooksCentral
My review:
  I really enjoyed Shift and can't wait for Shine. This trilogy has thus far blown me out of the water. I'm so glad I won it and read it!!
  All the characters I fell in love with are back, and they are still amazing. I do have to say that both Zachary and Logan pulled some things that made me angry and want to hit them, but I think that it worked out okay enough in the end.
  Some of my questions (and Aura's) were answered, but there is still a lot that I want to know and can't wait to find out how the answers come to her.
   I'd love to hear what you think of my review and/or the book.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one, too. So different and so well-written! I want me some more Scottish boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is this book that comes after Shade? I just got Shade but I couldn't remember much about the series. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. This one is 2nd in the trilogy. I have a spoiler page where I summarized the big events in Shade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I felt the same way! It was like getting answers and questions at the same time -- opening one door and closing another. But I still adored this book nonetheless and I can't wait until Shine comes out! :)

    Awesome review, Brandi! I'm so glad you liked it -- we can wait not-so-patiently for book three together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciated that a lot of my questions from the first book were answered even though there is still a lot to find out; eagerly awaiting Shine!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)