Monday, August 8, 2011

Review: Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer


Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)   Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.
Published in US: July 2011
2nd in series
Source: Library

My Review:

   Wolfsbane is a great second book in the series... I say this because there is a huge cliff-hanger, and I am left wishing that it wasn't in fact the end of the book, but of a chapter... Because I'm itching to know what happens.
   We get filled in on a lot of what left me scratching my head in Nightshade, but I forgave because of the vibrant characters and racing plot. Though this makes for a bit of a slow start. I had a hard time remembering all the details from Nightshade, and it took me a bit to get back in the world when bombarded with new characters and lots of history. That said, she did a great job incorporating it, and it answered so many questions, and left room for more with the next book.
   Shay really gets his chance to shine in this book, and to me, he really seems to come out on top. Now, a complete blindsight could come in Bloodrose, and put Ren seriously back in the running in my eyes in BR, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
   This book is heartbreaking, finding out what happens after Calla and Shay escape, and what those left behind are left to handle. The new characters also bring a rich texture to the story, and Connor especially kept me turning the page... For me, choosing between Ren and Shay has always mostly been for Calla, but I'll take Connor for myself :)

I'd love to hear what you think of this book and/or my review. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to read this despite all the background information at the beginning that slows things down, but I'm glad some of the questions in Nightshade get answered:) Can't wait to start this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this novel, but I'm a little scared because I like Ren so much that I don't want to hear all about her and Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the cover tell what is this book all going to be, really looking scary and creepy. I am not a big fan of these types of books. But according to the review it seems to be pretty interesting too. “Andrea Cremer” is known as a descent author. So looking forward to switch to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it wasn't going to be as good as the first but I was proven wrong. It was great.I loved this book. There was much more information about the War, new characters, and more action. I'm anxiously awaiting the third book.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)