Sunday, August 7, 2011

Review: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


 City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments Series #4) City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Published in US: Apr 2011
Source: Library
My Review:  Another great installment in the Mortal Instruments series. It drew me right into the world of ShadowHunters and Downworlders and into the lives of some of my favorite characters.
Admittedly, we do get a few hot scenes with Jace and Clary, but as usual, nothing is easy for them. The mark of cain has made life much more difficult for Simon, and so has BOTH of his budding romances.
I'm yearning for happiness and good thing for my characters, so I can't wait for the next ones. I'd love to know what you think of the book(s) or my review. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm yearning for happiness for these characters as well, but I think it's still a few books off. The ending of this one did not at all promise happiness and now I'm dying to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...unpopular opinion time. I'm not a Cassandra Clare fan. I know, I know, *gasp.* IMO, her world is too derivative and I can kinda see exactly what aspects she's borrow from other authors, movies, and/or TV shows. And if I can see through her writing to see where she's pulling inspiration from, then, to me, that means she didn't do a good job of weaving in those borrowed elements.

    (Goes off now to hide from the horde of angry readers...)


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pitchforks here... I know that others have loved works that I've hated or not been able to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an avid reader of the MI series and love Cassandra Clare's writing style. I am sad to say, however, that this was not one of her best. COFA still has the classic Clare sarcasm and witty dialogue--which was the best part of the book FYI--but the rest fell short. The plot was predictable, there were certain things left unsaid in COG that appear to be blantantly obvious in COFA. But the worst part by far was that the main characters seem to have dropped 50 points in their IQ's.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)