Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LRC Featured Author: Interview with Lori Pescatore (Human Blend)

Human Blend


IF you review Human Blend, you will get two extra entires in the prize pack. Don't know what LRC is? Learn more and sign up here.

Human Blend by Lori Pescatore




Thank you Lori for your time, and for donating a prize to the prize pool!



--The Twitter version: tell us about your book in 140 characters or less.


Girl with special abilities on the run. A doctor's interest is piqued when he sees her curing a child. Girl meets local boy. Bad men find her.

--How did you get the idea for the story?


The idea of a girl with unique abilities on the run came first, and then once she is introduced the story just flows from there. I do not plan too much out in the first book of a series. I let the characters dictate what is going to happen. Now for books 2 and 3 of the series I have an idea of what is going to happen.

--Which character would you most/least like to have dinner with?
I would like to have dinner with Marcus, he is a flirt and had a voracious appetite. He can be a jerk but I’d like to try and change that. Marcus is a character introduced later in the book.

--What are some of your favorite books? Do you still have much time to read?
I like the usual paranormal/fantasy genre favorites like the Twilight Saga, The House of Night series by PC Cast and some great new authors like Krisi Kelsey, Melanie Nowak, T. Lynn Tolles and Karen Fuller. I wish I had more time to read

--If a fairy godmother told you your life could be like a favorite book for 24 hours, which book would you pick and why?

I would not pick any of the books I like. I love the paranormal fantasy novels but only like reading them not living them.  

--Do you need anything to write (music, coffee, etc)? Are there any songs on your book’s playlist-" songs that inspired you or that were playing while you wrote?

I don’t need music to write. I usually write before I go to sleep at night. I handwrite everything then type it up later. It seems to flow better for me. When I am typing it, I sometimes tweak a scene or two and music is playing then. I listened to Taylor Swift a lot typing up Human Blend.

--Can you give us any teasers from the sequel? Is there a publication date?
Book 2 in the series is set to be released in April, it was originally going to be February but I have had to push that back. Book 2 will actually begin as a prequel to book one giving you some background on the paranormal creatures introduced in the book and then picks up where book 1 left off. 

--If you could have any superpower what would you choose?

I like my characters healing ability. To be able to heal people of their pain and suffering would be an amazing gift. 

--Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

Reading and listening to music rank high on my list. I enjoy watching Japanese anime with my son.

--Is there anything else you want to add or say to your readers?

If you are looking for a unique kind of Paranormal/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Romance novel, give Human Blend a try. Thanks to all my readers and I will get book out as soon as I can. Thank you for this interview. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun interview questions and answers. I hadn't heard of this book before.

    I'm want to hang out with the most flirtatious character too. They always seem to have a good time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handwriting takes a lot of effort granted in the olden olden days that happened a lot... I wonder of books now are longer because typing things up takes less time...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)