Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to Re-Create a Cover (or at least a simple way)

I have had a few comments on my re-create a cover entry that I made, saying that they wanted to be able to make one but don't know how, or don't have the software. Well-- I didn't either, but the following is how I did it. Feel free to use the comments to tell any alternate ways, or ideas you have, and I will include in my post.

I just did a search for the image I wanted to use. You have to make sure image is not copy-writed. For example, I used photobucket and searched for heart tree, since the story I was creating for is about love and the tree was part of one of the scenes, but it could be whatever idea you have. Or you could draw something if you have those types of talents and scan it into computer.
To add the title, I used the edit image part of photobucket (but you could use a photo editing program on your computer or a site like picnik on yahoo), and added my text.

There may very well be a better or easier way, but this is  the only way that I knew how to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I recently did my first cover re-create and it didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. It gives me an idea of how to make a blog header.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)