Sunday, June 27, 2010

Review; FarWorld: Land Keep

Far World: Land Keep by Savage
Book Two of Far World (Water Keep is 1st)

Link goes to and description from goodreads.com

"Four mythical Elementals Water, Land, Air, and Fire have the power to save two worlds, Earth and Farworld, from a common enemy: the Dark Circle. In book one, Water Keep, a portal has been opened between the two worlds, allowing Marcus, from Earth, and Kyja, from Farworld, to combine their unique gifts and begin their epic quest to find the Elementals. In book two, Land Keep, Marcus and Kyja travel with Cascade, a Water Elemental, toward Land Keep, the home of the powerful and wise Land Elementals. However, their journey may end before it even begins. Land Keep is empty, deserted for at least a thousand years, and the rumor is that the creatures who once controlled all land magic are extinct. Marcus and Kyja's only hope seems to lie in finding the Augur Well, a legendary Oracle protected by subtle traps and mind-bending trials. To succeed in their quest, Marcus and Kyja must also avoid the Keepers of the Balance, an order dedicated to redistributing magic to the rich and powerful. And they must travel far underground, where Cascade is unable to follow and where they will be unable to leap to the safety of Earth. As the Dark Circle closes around them, Marcus and Kyja are faced with the temptation of what they desire most. Sacrifices must be made, and not everyone will survive unscathed."

**My Rating: 4/5**

*My Short but Sweet Review*

The story moved at a good pace, and kept my attention a little more than the first. I like Skype and Cascade-- they are welcome secondary characters. I also like how both Marcus and Kyja matured as characters, in order to find the land elementals, they must pass tests, and these tests cause them to look into how the other thinks in order to succeed. Marcus must read people, plan and slow down, while Kyja has to learn that hastiness is sometimes a good thing.
I would recommend this series to anyone who liked Harry Potter, Maze Runner, or sci//fi with child heros.

I would love to hear what you think and if you have linked the review, I would love to see yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)